India, the 7th largest country in the world by area, rich in the country’s history along with its cultural and geographical diversity makes its International tourism appeal large and diverse. Let us have a look at the top 5 most visited places in India, where people from all over the world flow into for an exotic vacation:-
1. Agra:- Agra is the most visited city in India, since it is home to one of the greatest symbols of love – Taj Mahal. This white domed marble mausoleum is one of the Seven Wonders of the World and has an epic love story behind it. Fatehpur Sikri, Agra Fort, Akbar’s tomb, Ram Bagh and Sikandra Fort are some of the other must visit places in Agra, apart from the wonder of Taj Mahal.
2. Kashmir:- The Paradise on Earth, Kashmir’s major attraction lies in its scenic beauty, snow clad peaks, lush green valleys, Alpine villages, cascading waterfalls, flower gardens etc. Kashmir is a destination worth visiting during the winter season where you can enjoy boat ride on picturesque Dal Lake. The other major attractions of Kashmir are Srinagar, Gulmarg, Sonmarg, Nagin Lake, Pehalgam, Pari Mahal, Sankarcharya shrine and obviously the tulip-garden the beauty of which will leave your tounge-tied.
3. Goa:- Goa, the smallest state in India is a favourite destination of tourists for its exotic beaches with amazing sunset view, golden sand and coconut palms playing along with the wind. If having a great time with your dear one is in your mind, Goa is the perfect place for togetherness. Tasty seafood, parasailing, wind surfing nad water-skiing facilities make the beaches of Goa a core fun place. Ancestral Goa Museum, Arvalam Waterfalls, Alorna Fort, Chapora fort and Calangute beach are some of the popular tourist destinations in Goa.
4. Kanyakumari:- Kanyakumari which is also known as Cape Comorin is the place where the three humungous water bodies namely, Indian Ocean, Arabian Sea and Bay of Bengal meet up. People can’t stop gazing at the darkening horizon and enjoy the moments of solitude here. Sunset is more spectacular than a sunrise in this last land area of the country. Lakhs of tourists, round the year are lured by the serene beauty of this place and the spectacles of sunrise and sunset.
5. Jaipur and Udaipur, Rajasthan:- Jaipur and Udaipur, located in Rajasthan gives us an insight into the rich cultural and artistic traditions of the state. Hawa Mahal or ‘Place of Winds’, located in Jaipur designed in the form of the crown of Lord Krishna is one of the stunning constructions in the country. This pyramid shaped monument with 953 small windows stands as the entrance to the city palace, Jaipur and is a notable sight here. The lake palace of Udaipur is one of the most beautiful palaces in the world, which has now been converted into a hotel. Numbers of historic forts along with the golden view of miles long dessert attract lakhs of tourists from around the globe.
That's it, hope you liked it. Sign-in to our website for more such blogs.