Swami Vivekananda, the torchbearer of the Hindu religion, said many things to enlighten us, direct us in the right direction of light from the path of darkness. But, his quotations are not famous for personifying his enigma into them, but because of the universal truth, they expose.
Here are the top 10 life-altering quotes of this eminent persona.
1. Arise, awake, and do not stop until the goal is reached.
2. You have to grow from the inside out. None can teach you, none can make you spiritual.
3. There is no other teacher but your own soul.
4. You cannot believe in God until you believe in yourself.
5. All the powers in the universe are already ours. It is we who have put our hands before our eyes and cry that it is dark.
6. We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care about what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; they travel far.
7. Condemn none: if you can stretch out a helping hand, do so. If you cannot, fold your hands, bless your brothers, and let them go their own way.
8. The world is the great gymnasium where we come to make ourselves strong.
9. All differences in this world are of degree, and not of a kind because oneness is the secret of everything.
10. Truth can be stated in a thousand different ways, yet each one can be true.
External nature is only internal nature writ large.
The words from this saint has altered the lives of many people. Young minds should take inspiration from these words of fire and channelize them to the betterment of themselves and for the betterment of society.