SOME PLACES TO VISIT IN OOTY, YOU WILL BE MESMERISED
OOTY in the state of Tamilnadu is one of the hillstation in india where temperature is not that low like Shimla , Manali and other north Indian hill stations but you can enjoy the Scenic beauty. Here you will get beautiful tea gardens, Home made Chocolates and Nilgiri oil. Ooty is popular for its variety of teas. There are many popular location in Ooty where you can visit. That I shall elaborately point out in this locations.
(1) Ooty Botanical Garden: This is one of the most attractive places in the town. It is maintained by the Horticulture department of Tamil Nadu. It is spread over 55 acres of land. In ooty summer festival a flower show is been conducted which is one of the attraction.
(2) Doddabetta peak: Doddabetta is the highest mountain in Nilgiri mountain range. The height of it is 2623 meters. There is a telescope house where you can see the view of the valley around.Rich flora and fauna exists which make it more beautiful.
(3) Mudumalai National park: If you are planning your tour to ooty you can come here by taking many routes. One of this routes is from Mysoru. In this route there is deep forest called Bandipur in Karnataka side and Mudumalai in Tamil nadu side. Here you can see Tiger, Elephant, Deer , Peacock etc when you are driving car inside it.
(4) Ooty toy train: It is a part of Nilgiri mountain Rail way. It runs from Mettupalayam to Ooty Via coonoor. The train runs 46 km. Many bollywood songs like chaiya chaiya shooting in this railway. Due to covid-19 pandemic you can buy tickets online only.
(5) Boat House: Ooty Lake also called as ooty boat house is 1km from ooty bus stand. It is a artificial lake. And here you can enjoy the boating. If you are not interested in boating you can sit at the lake side. You can buy different foods from lake side stores.
(6) Doddabetta tea factory: It is one of the attraction in ooty where you can see and buy different varieties of tea and chocolates. You can have one cup of tea produced here for free.
(7) Rose Garden: In this garden you can see the view of the ooty city. And this garden is the oldest garden here full of roses.